It’s natural to want to look your best for a wedding or special event. You’ll be seeing people you haven’t seen recently, sharing time with loved ones, wearing your best clothes, and of course, taking lots of beautiful pictures.
Plus, looking good and feeling good are closely intertwined. Many of the same things you can do to look your best for a special event will also help you feel your best. Who doesn’t want to be more upbeat and energized for a big day?
10 Ways to Look Your Best for a Wedding or Special Event
- Put nutrition first: We “are what we eat”, and nutrition always needs to come first. To look and feel your best, eat lots of vegetables and lean proteins, and avoid sugar and processed foods. See some of my favorite foods and browse our healthy recipes.
- Stay hydrated: Water flushes toxins, lubricates joints, boosts energy, and supports healthy metabolism for weight management. In general, I recommend that patients in my weight loss program drink 128 oz of liquid throughout each day. Pick up some healthy hydration tips.
- Get your beauty sleep: Quality sleep is essential for healthy skin, eyes, and hair. Plus, sleep supports energy and mood which are reflected in your facial expressions and body language. The lead-up to a wedding or special event is a busy time, but to look your best you need to make time for sleep. 7-9 hours per night is ideal for most people.
- Consider fish oil: Fish oil is loaded with omega-3s which have been shown to reduce inflammation, improve brain function and mood, and support healthy skin, hair, and nails. It’s one of my favorite all around supplements. In fact, if a patient is on a budget and can only afford one or two supplements at a time, I generally recommend fish oil be one of them.
- Exercise: Exercise does wonders for the body, mind, and spirit. It doesn’t need to be strenuous—just be consistent and enjoy yourself. Get inspired and get moving with these gentle exercise ideas.
- Practice self-care: Take a hot shower. Treat yourself to a massage. Listen to calming music. Practice yoga. Meditate. Rest. Make time for whatever helps you relax, reset, and recenter. There is always a lot to do before an event, but sometimes you need to hit the pause button and make time just for you.
- Develop your winning mindset: Each of our thoughts informs our energy, and our energy transforms into our physical bodies and experiences. Love your journey and where you are right now, while visualizing and actualizing the future you want.
- Release excess weight: If you feel that you have put on some excess weight, releasing it can be a great way to help you look and feel your best. Releasing 35-40 lbs in three months is a safe and realistic goal for most people, and typical for patients in my weight loss program.
- Trim some inches: If you have some extra subcutaneous (pinchable) fat, consider laser body sculpting. Many patients see 6 inches of fat reduction in 4 weeks. Some patients see as much as 1.5 inches of fat reduction in their first 45-minute treatment. Laser body sculpting is FDA-approved, safe, and non-invasive. It’s not a substitute for healthy nutrition and lifestyle choices, but it can be a great way to trim some extra inches to look your best for a wedding or special event.
- Have fun and smile: You’re never fully dressed without a smile. Plus, people will remember your energy, your light, and your smile long after they’ve forgotten what you were wearing. Smiling doesn’t cost a thing and you can do it right now!
Whether you’re tying the knot yourself, attending a friend’s wedding, going to a school reunion, or just getting ready for the holidays, I hope this article gave you a couple of tips to help you look and feel your best.