The best natural ways to lose weight are also the most sustainable and effective in the long run. Here are twenty natural weight loss tips that I share with patients in my 12-week weight loss program.
20 Natural Ways to Lose Weight
- Eat a protein-rich diet.
- Load up on cruciferous and other low-glycemic vegetables.
- Favor fiber over simple carbs and starches.
- Eat organic food when possible.
- Eat more whole, single-ingredient foods and avoid processed foods.
- Enjoy a healthy snack or meal every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism up.
- Weigh your portions with a food scale.
- Eat slowly and mindfully.
- Stay hydrated with water.
- Avoid soft drinks, alcohol, and other sugary beverages.
- Eliminate or reduce caffeine.
- Exercise at least a little bit each day.
- Spend time in nature reconnecting to natural rhythms.
- Practice regular self-care.
- Cultivate a positive mindset.
- Eliminate as many stress triggers as possible.
- Find ways to proactively manage stress, like exercise, yoga, or meditation.
- Balance your hormones naturally.
- Get your sleep; 7-9 hours per night is ideal for most adults.
- Track your progress to stay motivated and on track.
I hope this list gives you a one or two new tips that you can use to achieve and maintain your weight loss goals for life! If you’re in the Tampa Bay area, I invite you to schedule a consultation at my weight loss clinic in St. Pete or Palm Harbor today.