Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 is one of the top supplements I recommend, along with high-quality fish oil, and probiotics. In this article I explain why Vitamin D is so important, and why it should be taken together with Vitamin K2.
A common trait shared by the majority of overweight people is Vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D directly supports healthy thyroid function, metabolism, and insulin resistance.
In addition to weight loss and weight management, Vitamin D is also crucial for overall wellness. In fact, recent research puts Vitamin D more on the level of a hormone than a vitamin. This means Vitamin D impacts our entire body and our health, system-wide.
Weight Loss Benefits of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential for healthy weight loss:
- Optimizes metabolism through healthy thyroid function
- Supports proper glucose metabolism
- Assists with insulin resistance
- Reduces belly fat and other difficult body fat close to vital organs
Health & Wellness Benefits of Vitamin D
Vitamin D also plays a significant role in helping avoid the hospital:
- Cancer Prevention - Vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of certain cancers including, breast, prostate, and colon cancer. Colon cancer is currently the second leading cause of cancer deaths for men and women in the United States.
- Immune Support - Vitamin D is vital to immune function and helps our bodies fight off viruses, bacteria, and cancer cells.
- Bone Health - Vitamin D transports calcium from our bodies into our bones. Our bodies require Vitamin D for strong, healthy bones.
- Energy, Mood & Brain Support - A leading cause of fatigue is Vitamin D deficiency. Deficiency can also lead to depression, mood swings, sleep disturbances, and frequent falls among the elderly. Research has implicated Vitamin D deficiency in such neurological diseases as Multiple Sclerosis and Alzheimer's Syndrome.
What About Vitamin K2?
Why Should Vitamin D Be Taken with Vitamin K2?
Current research shows the important synergistic relationship between Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3.(1) Taking Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 helps to ensure the calcium transported by the Vitamin D is absorbed by your bones where it's needed, rather than accumulating in deposits in your arteries.
Taking Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 helps to ensure the calcium transported by the Vitamin D is absorbed by your bones where it's needed, rather than accumulating in deposits in your arteries.
Many readily-available Vitamin D products on the market don't contain K2. That's one reason why we've created our own Vitamin D supplement. Awaken K2 + D3 is a powerful combination of Vitamin D3 with Vitamin K2 as MK-7. Awaken K2 + D3 is also superior to other Vitamin D supplements in testing and potency verification. Our supplements are routinely tested to ensure that each capsule is pure and contains 5,000 IU of Vitamin D.
Schedule a consultation with a weight loss doctor in Palm Harbor or St. Pete today. I look forward to meeting you soon and helping you meet your healthy weight goals for life.