Welcome the flavors of the Mediterranean into your kitchen with this Bulgar Salad recipe. Bulgar is a form of quick-cooking whole wheat. When mixed with vegetables like this recipe, bulgar is the basis for a perfect meal for your healthy weight loss program.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Boil water
Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- Cook/Prepare Bulgar
Place the bulgur in a bowl with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/4 cups boiling water. Cover the bowl tightly with saran wrap and let sit for 15-30 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
Let cool In a bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, pepper, and salt.
- Combine & Toss
Add the cooled bulgur, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, dill, parsley. Toss well, then taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Chill until ready to serve or up to two days. Serve cold or room temperature.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipes