Fresh zucchini and a mixture of spices come together in one dish for a tasty Mexican Zucchini Beef main dish recipe. We love this dish because it's satisfying and everything comes together in one dish to make cleaning up a breeze. This recipe is perfect for all healthy weight loss plans and 1 serving= 4 protein and .75 tsp sugar.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Categories: Easy Dinners, Main Dishes
Cuisine: Mexican Recipes
- 2 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown beef with spices
Brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Add tomatoes, spices & simmer
Add tomatoes and remaining spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until firm.
Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm. Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1/6 of total