This recipe for healthy turkey chili makes the ideal comfort food. Add as little or as much cayenne pepper spice as you would like. This easy-to-make turkey chili is perfect for sticking to a healthy weight loss plan. 1 serving (1 cup) = 2 proteins and 2.2 tsp sugar
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 can dark red kidney beans (drained)
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup raw onion
- Crushed cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder* use sparingly due to sugar content
- shirataki noodles (optional) *prepare as package states and add to chili while simmering
- Cook and drain fat
Cook ground beef or turkey on medium heat in a large pan with onion until browned, drain excess fat.
Add remaining ingredients to the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 4 oz.