This chicken recipe for grilled smothered chicken is one of our most flavorful main dishes. Grilling then adding the sauce on top means you'll stick with your weight loss program and enjoy a fulfilling meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 6 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 ounces fresh mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced 8 ounces
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, black pepper, and butter buds if desired
Flatten the chicken and sprinkle with recipe seasonings.
Grill chicken 10-12 minutes Meanwhile, saute mushroom, green pepper, onion, and garlic in the cooking spray until tender.
- Prepare to bake
Place grilled chicken on baking sheet, cover with vegetables, then top with cheese.
Bake at 350 about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast